5.07.2009

Rain makes me feel creative

It has rained here for the past 9 days - which means I've been stuck in the house when I'd rather be outside gardening! One good thing about rainy days is that it forces me to find things to do inside, like drawing, designing and cleaning. (Okay, so that last one was a lie.) While Malayna is at school, or while she colors next to me, I work on a new ideas. My latest new idea is to make prints for framing.

I've used some of my favorite patterns, which start out as illustrations with ink. After scanning, I color the patterns on the computer. The prints measure 8x10 and the paper I'm using is recycled and created with wind power.

What do you think?


2 comments:

Jan said...

What a fun idea! I love the way these look!! I think I'd like to see a white backgound to see how much more the patterns and colors pop....what if you printed the patterns, cut out the shapes, collaged them somehow and made prints from those (in addition to what you have here). It's really cool, Lisa!!!

lisa {milkshake} said...

Jan, that's how they started - with white backgrounds. I thought they were too plain, but I may try that again. Thanks!